Pages

Monday 27 February 2012

Quotable quotes from the Oscars - News - Share.Dhangout.com

Quotable quotes from the Oscars - News - Share.Dhangout.com


Quo quotes from the Oscars

The stars who took the Oscar home at the 84th Academy Awards certainly came up with some colorful quotes on receiving the golden statuette. Here are some of them.



"When they called my name, I had this feeling I could hear half of America going, 'Oh no. Come on ... Her, again?' You know.But, whatever!"
- Meryl Streep, after winning the best actress Oscar, her third Academy Award.

"I want to thank Uggie the dog. I think he doesn't care, I'm not sure he understands what I say. He's not that good, but thank you."
- The Artist director Michel Hazanavicius, referring to the canine star of his movie.

"You're only two years older than me darling, where have you been all my life?"
- Canadian actor Christopher Plummer, kissing his golden statuette after winning the best supporting actor Oscar, at the age of 82.

"Christopher Plummer, ladies and gentlemen, may be walking up on stage tonight because apparently he wanders off."
- Oscars host Billy Crystal, making a quip about Plummer's age as he presented the show for the ninth time.

"Tonight, enjoy yourselves because nothing can take the sting out of the world's economic problems like watching millionaires present each other with golden statues"
- Billy Crystal, welcoming the audience to the show.

"When I first emerged from my mother's womb, I was already rehearsing my Academy thank you speech, but it was so long ago, mercifully for you, I have forgotten it."
- Christopher Plummer

"This is a crap shoot. Every single one of those nominees tonight, two of whom are my very good fri s, two of whom weren't even born when I started coming to this ceremony... could been standing there, and would have deserved to."
- Meryl Streep

"He's going to make everybody else look bad because the others ones are 30 years old and they are a little dingy."

Read More.....


0 comments:

Post a Comment